Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Interview with 2014 Finalist Jesse Helmers


We asked all of the EVAs finalists a few questions and this is what University of Dayton's Jesse Helmers had to say:


How have you grown as an artist since coming to college? 
I would say I’ve grown considerably. Before I started on my BFA I had abandoned the arts entirely for no less than six years.


What type of art do you look to for inspiration?
I typically don’t look at other artists on purpose. I find that if I look at other artists too much my work begins to dull and retard.

How has participating in this competition helped you develop as a professional artist? Competition, be it here or somewhere else, is always a powerful driving tool for me.

What are your plans after graduation with the arts? 
I would tell you but then I would have to kill you. Murderous jokes aside, I had planned on grad school, but might end up going a different direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment