Thursday, May 10, 2012

Interview with Cindy Ellis, AICUO Art Awards Coordinator 2011-2012


On the last day of Cindy’s internship, I sat down with the graduate to record her overall thoughts and feelings about the AICUO EVA awards program and her year as the Art Awards Coordinator.

How did you find out about this internship?
The 2011 intern, Noel Ang, contacted me because A CCAD alumni member (and 2011 EVA judge) recommended me.

What have you learned while being the Art Awards Coordinator?
I learned a great deal about coordinating events, scheduling, social networking, contacting people, and obtaining current information.

Did you face any challenges while being the Art Awards Coordinator?
I will admit, it was hard at times to juggle work and school. Senior year was very challenging, but both of the experiences have proved to be rewarding.

What are some of the rewarding benefits of working for the AICUO EVA program?
I loved seeing the event happen and witnessing all of my hard work come together. I felt very accomplished and successful during the awards reception, and I loved seeing the new intern experience and shadow during the reception. I also really enjoyed meeting the judges of the competition.

Do you think this internship will help your future career?
Definitely.  It helped me realize how much time management working can be. I learned a great deal about public relations and communicating with other people. I also established a brand standard for the program, which will help my advertisement and graphic design portfolio.

Do you have any advice for future interns?
1.    Look forward as much as possible, anticipating the competition.
2.    Try to get ahead as much as possible.
3.    People are very appreciative when you respond quickly to emails, mail, and phone calls.

Future plans?
Either staying in Columbus or going to New York for work, finding a job within my major, and getting a dog.

Cindy Ellis will be graduating this Saturday from Columbus College of Art and Design with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in advertising and graphic design.

Thank you, Cindy Ellis, for all of your hard work and dedication throughout the year to present a fabulous 2012 awards show. You will be missed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment