Our six finalists, from left to right, Audrey Nation, Catherine Stanley, Lauren Hector, Lauryn Olivia King, Sarah Rose Lejeune, and Justine Neuberger.
Artists and recent graduates from various independent Ohio colleges and universities will talk about their pieces in a walkthrough of the exhibition. This will be the last chance their artwork will be available for viewing at the gallery.
It is encouraged to bring questions! This is a great way to engage with the artists directly about their work and learn more about their creative process.
Here are some sample questions to ask the emerging artists:
- Is there a piece here that you are particularly proud of? And why?
- What inspires you? What inspired this piece/idea?
- What is your most important artist tool? Is there something you can't live without in your space?
- How did you start making art?
- Why do you make art?
- Is there an element of art you enjoy working with most? And why?
- What message were you hoping for with this piece/idea?