Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Interview with 2014 Finalist Brittany Lang


We asked all the EVAs finalists some questions and here's what Ohio Northern University's, Brittany Lang had to say:


How have you grown as an artist since coming to college?

            I have grown a lot since coming to college, especially as a designer. Originally, I came to Ohio Northern for Electrical Engineering and after a year I made the decision to switch to Graphic Design, which was a complete 180. Sure, I was creative in high school, but never really took the time to develop my skills, until I became a graphic design major. These past three years I have grown and blossomed and developed my craft. I am just beginning to understand and apply the techniques I have learned in school and am excited to see where I can go when I get some experience under my belt.

What type of art do you look to for inspiration?
            I look at all kinds of art for inspiration. Most of the time I get on Behance, Coroflot, or Dribbble and look at trends and designs that people have posted who have the same amount of experience as me or are even more experienced. In class we are always looking at well known designers such as Paula Scher and Michael Beruit for clean, tastefully done design that is famous and well known to help provide inspiration for certain projects.

How has participating in this competition helped you develop as a professional artist?
            Participating in this competition and seeing the reaction of my fellow students, professors, friends, and family, has given me a boost of confidence. I never really considered my work to be of award merit, and now that it is, it has made me proud of the work and what I have achieved since being in college. I have something to show for all my hard work and dedication towards graphic design.

What are your plans after graduation with the arts?
            I plan to work as a full-time graphic designer and eventually get my Master’s degree so I can become a professor of graphic design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment